Monday, April 13, 2009

Flowers, Eggs, and Satellites

Our crawfish boil a few weeks ago was such a success that my Memaw decided to host her own family BBQ over Easter weekend, complete with bottled Shiner for us grizzled adults and an Easter egg hunt for the squealing young 'uns. At first I wasn't exactly thrilled at the prospect of driving 150 miles from Austin to Memaw's house, but it turned out to be a great travel experience. I first drove to meet my Dad and little brother in Montgomery, and along the way was treated to huge fields of bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush. Then my brother (who's a pilot) flew us from the airport he works at into Houston! When we returned to my Dad's house from the BBQ, I installed a new Kenwood DNX5120 stereo/Garmin navigation/DVD player in my car, which planned a more efficient - and more beautiful - route to Austin than the one I had been taking! Despite the distances I had to travel, last weekend was really fun and suprisingly stress-free.

No comments: