Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pumping Iron

OK, in lieu of what is shaping up to be a not-so-stellar performance this semester, I've formulated a plan that I think will get me back on track. Not going to post the details now, but suffice to say that my spirits have been lifted, meaning more posts for the very few people who occasionally read this blog (nerds)

So funny story - as I mentioned, yesterday was a pretty horrible day. Besides the bad test grade I received, I ended up missing two classes because I forgot my lunch and had to ride the bus back home to get it. Perhaps you're wondering why I didn't just buy lunch at school? Well I'm trying to put on some muscle, so my 'lunch' included like 3 meals of protein shakes, pasta, fruit, vitamins, etc. Anyways, when I finally got back to school and realized that I wasn't going to make my last class, I just went to the gym as I had planned.

Now at the UT gym there are many huge guys and many good looking girls, so I already have to fight through the trauma of exposing my spindly white legs and laughable high school freshman strength. On this day while trying pathetically to look tough, I slapped 45's on the bench and psyched myself up to lift. Unfortunately, my arms suddenly went out on the second set and the bar sank to my chest.

I had no spotter and couldn't get the bar off me, which as you might imagine is quite embarrassing. Eventually some guy saw me and rushed over, but for a second he didn't help - he just stood there looking. "Help," I gasped. He then pulled the bar off my chest.

"Sorry, I wasn't sure if you wanted my help," he said. "I didn't want to intrude on your workout."

"Oh, ya, it's cool man," I replied. "That's how I work out."

No comments: