Friday, January 23, 2009

First Week at UT

Wow what a week. My brother and I moved all my crap to my apartment on Monday night and I'm still trying to finish unpacking. I managed to leave my wallet in the truck when my brother drove back to Montgomery, leaving me around $40 to live off until I get it back. I did all the basic 'back to school' stuff - learned to use the bus system, found my classes, bought textbooks, etc. Unfortunately, after meeting with an adviser today all but one of my classes were changed and I lost any sense of rhythm I had developed. I was also told several times throughout the week that the architecture program is extremely difficult to transfer into and that applicants should have a 4.0 GPA. (gulp...)

I'm not really phased though. The classes I swapped into better meet my transfer goal as well as the requirements to receive GI Bill money. Now that I've turned in all the paperwork, I should start receiving GI Bill funds in 4 - 6 weeks. Also, I maintained a really hardworking routine this week and have confidence that I will be able to achieve a 4.0 this semester. My main goal now is to get this damn UMUC pre-calculus final over and done with.

No comments: