Monday, December 15, 2008

Civic Starter 2

Yesterday I exchanged the starter for a good one, bolted it on, and the car started right up. I then decided that before I took it to my uncles' I would try troubleshooting the CD player, which had suddenly stopped working about a week ago. After about 30 mins of testing wires I decided that I would just figure it out when I arrived at my uncle's, since he seems to know more about cars than me. I went in, took a shower, put my stuff in the car... and found that it would no longer start. The starter seemed to be working fine but the car wouldn't fire up. At this point I was really pissed and called the car several choice words before calling it quits for the day.

Today when I resumed messing with the car I found that the CD player had mysteriously begun working again. I also found that a fuse to the ignition harness had blown, probably while I was testing the radio wires yesterday. After replacing the fuse the car started immediately, so thank goodness I can finally $ell it to my uncle for some ramen noodle money. For pics of this project go here.

No comments: