Friday, December 19, 2008

Sold!

I sold the Civic yesterday to my uncle and it was a pretty sweet moment. The Civic cost me quite a bit of time and $ but the mechanical skills I acquired made it all worth it in the end. I feel a little freer and lighter now and look forward to being able to focus on other projects more directly related to architecture - which brings up an issue that I think I should address.

Someone reading this blog might reasonably ask, "If this is supposed to be a blog about becoming an architect, why did the author spend so much time working on his car?" Well, I'll tell you. I'm not going into architecture for the job title. I want to do it because I love designing, building, and fixing stuff. Also, I know that being able to handle tools, troubleshoot mechanical/electrical problems, source supplies and equipment, etc. will be skills I'll need in order to function as a decent architect. And that, my friends, is that.

No comments: