Saturday, November 15, 2008

Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement

My clutch had not been disengaging properly due to a leaking slave cylinder, so yesterday I bought a new one from Advanced Auto. It cost $19 and took about an hour and a half to replace by myself. One thing I learned is to always use line wrenches instead of normal wrenches when disconnecting/connecting the clutch lines, brake lines, etc. My normal 10mm wrench did not fit snug enough, and if I had forced it while trying to unscrew the clutch line it would have stripped. Anyways the clutch works fine now and I made a little bit more progress reconnecting the wires and putting the dash back together from my last job. I still haven't put the radio in but at least my instrument panel and blinkers work now, lol.

No comments: