Saturday, September 20, 2008

New Home Stereo!

About six months ago I purchased a pair of old floor speakers from a guy at work for about $20, intending to use them but never finding an inexpensive receiver that I liked. They still looked kind of cool though, so I'd just been using them as nightstands. On Tuesday this week, I found an old Pioneer receiver at the base thrift shop that seemed to be in good condition, and paid $7.50. I got home and hooked up my receiver and speakers, and they rocked! I looked up the receiver on the internet and found that it was produced in 1975 and is one of the first ever surround sound systems. As I write this, the same receiver is selling for on Ebay for $249! The JBL speakers are valuable as well, and according to an audio forum they sell for $130-180 a pair!

No comments: