Thursday, July 9, 2009

Nano

One reason that I'm taking classes this summer is to create some material to possibly use in my application to UT's graduate architecture program. Here's some recent work I did in my painting and drawing classes. I know these aren't that great but each project seems to come out a little better than the last one. So... progress.

Self Portrait (work in progress)

Whale's Din Din

In other news, I finished my introductory CAD at ACC (DFTG 1405) class with an A and have started intermediate CAD (DFTG 2419). 1405 was pretty cool and Doug Smith was an excellent teacher and motivator. For anyone thinking of taking this course, I really suggest doing the 8 week summer course. The CAD skills you learn are essential but basic, and it would have been boring and frustrating to have stretched it out over a 16 week semester.

AND - I found my IPod Nano! It seems that I slipped it into a paper folder with some documents when I was moving to Austin and forgot where I put it for six months. So I've been catching up on some music. This week I've been listening to The Shins's album Chutes Too Narrow, and it is damn good. I don't really know how to explain it... kind of folky and quirky with superb song writing and great vocals.

No comments: