Sunday, June 7, 2009

ACC Welding

Yesterday I acquired my first hands on experience in welding - five straight hours of it. The process was a little more intense than I had expected, as was the burning I felt as bits of molten metal flew down my shirt collar. It was pretty fun though. We just practiced welding straight lines on steel plates using a stick welder, but I had fun imagining that I was making weapons for a king in Medieval Europe. Apparently I've read too many books.

Also enjoyable was scavenging for cheap welding tools. I ended up getting a tool box, steel square, striker, wire brush/chip hammer, and vise grips for $20. The tool box was also filled with a bunch of screws and other handy crap.


tool box bonuses included screws, twisty ties, and a spring; SCORE!!

No comments: